Following a Coaches Meeting the Club can confirm the following coaches appointments for the 2016 season:
· U’9 Reds: Coach - Stan Metsios & Assist. Coach Stuart Jones
· U’9 White’s: __________TBC
· U’10’s – Mark Ward
· U’11’s – Gary Gatehouse & Assist. Coach Daryl Thompson
· U’12’s – Wayne Thompson
· U’13’s – Andrew Chapman
· U’14’s – Peter Fairnie
· U’15’s – Coach - Chris Hale and Peter Jessup (Assist. Coach)
· U’15’s Girls - John Consolmagno
· U’17 A – Bryce McGain and Adam McConaghy (Assist. Coach)
· U’17 D – Simon Docker
On behalf of the Club thank you to all of the mentioned Coaches for volunteering to take on the important role and responsibility of a Junior football Coach. We welcome back a few familiar Coaches and also some new Coaches – Andrew Chapman (U’13’s) who possesses some extensive junior coaching experience (footy and cricket) and came to the Blues this year after being involved with the Wav Falcons. John Consolmagno – U’15’s Girls Coach!! As many of you are aware the Waverley Blues Executive Committee has been actively working on fielding a girls football team to represent our Club - exciting times for the Wav Blues JFC!!
In line with our coaching Academy, overall outlook toward advancing and supporting our coaching development at Waverley Blues this year, we have a new Football Operations structure to announce.
- Gavan Hegan as Vice President will remain focused toward football operations
- Bryce McGain (U17 Coach) has been retained to head up our Football Directors role and lead the Waverley Blues Junior Academy
- Tom Hatch has accepted the role of the Coaching Coordinator U13 – U17
- Luke Delany has accepted the role of the Coaching Coordinator U9 – U12.
Tom & Luke’s roles are designed for our club to support each year level coach in a variety of methods:
- Communication between the Academy/Club and coach
- Extra support toward training objectives
- Recruitment and retention of players
- Ensuring each age level team/player is receiving the full benefit of the Academy curriculum
- Our coaches are developing and receiving the full benefit of the Academy
Last year we embarked on the Waverley Blues Junior Football Club Academy to focus on becoming the best junior football club in the EFL. Paramount to achieving this is to ensure we are investing in our coaches so that they can become the best coaches we can muster to support the development of our players. With that statement still front of mind, it’s for this reason we wish to increase the support and communication toward the expectations we have for every coach at our club.
Best regards Gavan Hegan
Vice President - Waverley Blues Junior Football Club