Position Title: Football Operations Manager
· The Waverley Blues are seeking expressions of interest for a Football Operations Manager for the 2019 season to start immediately.
· The position will report directly to the President and Club Executive Committee and work closely with the Senior Coaching Staff. The new Football Operations Manager will be aptly supported by the Committee, Coaching Staff and past Football Managers.
· Remuneration is available for appropriate applicants.
· The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their football administration and operations skills in a semi-professional environment, whilst supporting a vibrant and growing Community Football Club.
Queries and Applications
· Please contact Dwayne Wathen for further information on 0402853218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· To apply please send through your resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com
· To co-ordinate all off field football activities for the Clubs teams to ensure that all players and off field staff are provided with the highest level of support to enable them to compete and perform at the highest level
· To provide support to the Executive and Committee members to ensure the efficient operation of the Club
· Manager: The President and Club Executive.
· Direct Reports: Team Managers, Trainers & Medical Staff, Runners, Boundary Umpires, Timekeepers, Other Match Day Volunteers
· In-Direct Reports: Senior coaches and players, official Club suppliers & other key stakeholders
· Coordinate formulation of the Football Operational Plan (currently already underway)
· Formulate remuneration packages and contracts for players and coaches and ensure the contracts are executed (currently already underway)
· Ensure that all contacts fall within the allocated budget and that variations are brought to the Club Executive prior to the Club being committed to the variation (currently already underway)
· Appoint appropriate personnel, or ensure they are appointed, team managers, trainers, runners and other team support staff to ensure smooth running on game days.
· Negotiate all clearances and player registrations in accordance with the league rules
· Ensure all training venues, equipment and footballs are organised and maintained (currently already underway)
· Coordinate delivery of the Football Operational Plan.
· Provide documentation in consultation with the Treasurer, all player payments and coaching fees.
· Liaise between players, coaches, Club Executive and General Committee.
· Ensure all equipment is available as required by Coaches and that it is in good working order – includes match balls.
· Ensure all support staff are in attendance and are provided with appropriate equipment to undertake their specific role.
· Oversee the maintenance and management of all training and match equipment
· Coordinate submission of team sheets and match reports after both home and away games.
· Ensure players attending League tribunal hearings are supported by quality advocates.
· Ensure equipment, e.g. jumpers and footballs owned by Club are retained by Club.
· The Football Manager is accountable to the President and Executive
· The Football Manager shall seek ratification from the Executive Committee of a football budget that includes all Coach, player and trainer payments and shall thereafter have the authority to act within the limits of that budget without reference to the Executive
· Provide a report on portfolio operations to the monthly Committee meeting